The default desktop shortcut created during installation does not open the database with a logon prompt. To enable user-level security and prompt users with a login screen when they open the database, the shortcut used to open the database needs to be modified as follows:
- Locate and select the Catalyst MFG desktop shortcut created during installation.
- Right-click the shortcut and select the Properties option from the shortcut menu.
- If you want users to receive a login prompt and login to the system with their user name, include a workgroup switch by adding the following text to the end of the Target field. In a network environment, move the workgroup file to a shared network folder and modify the directory path below accordingly. Please refer to the help topic, Enabling User-Level Security, for more information.
/WRKGRP "C:\Program Files (x86)\Catalyst\Catalyst.mdw"
- To activate the logon screen, the target path must also include the path and file name of the Microsoft Access application (MSACCESS.EXE). The Access path will vary depending on the Microsoft Office version or Access Runtime installed on the machine. In most situations the file can be found under the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office folder. The location can be verified using the “Find Target…” button. An example target path for Access 2010 is listed below. For Access 2013, use Office15\MSACCESS.EXE.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE" “C:\Program Files (x86)\Catalyst\Catalyst v5.00.accdb” /WRKGRP "C:\Program Files (x86)\Catalyst\Catalyst.mdw"
- To provide a default user name at login using the Windows user name, you can add a user switch as follows:
- Click OK on the Properties window to save the new shortcut properties.