Unless Catalyst is hosted on a cloud platform, each client machine must either have Microsoft Access® or the Access Runtime installed on each client machine. For versions prior to 5.15, ensure the 32-bit version of Access is installed. For versions 5.15 and later, ensure the 64-bit version of Access is installed. For network environments, the back-end database must also be placed on a server machine so it can be shared by all users.
- If upgrading to a new version, uninstall any previous version of Catalyst using the Add and Remove Programs utility in the Windows® Control Panel.
- Download and run the Catalyst installation package as an administrator.
- Proceed through the installation steps provided in the setup package to install Catalyst on the local machine.
- During installation, do not change the default installation location and install for all users.
- After installation, a program shortcut is placed on the desktop and in the Programs group.
- Establish the Catalyst folder and subfolders on the client machine as Trusted Locations in Microsoft Access. If using the Access Runtime, please refer to the help topic to Establish Trusted Locations when using the Access Runtime.
- Repeat the steps above to install Catalyst on each client PC.
- Move the Catalyst back-end database files with a mdf and ldf file extension from the Catalyst folder on the client machine to the Data folder under the SQL Server instance on the server. Refer to the SQL Server Setup help topic for instructions on how to attach the database files to SQL Server and other configuration details. Note: The sample company database files include “StoreMore” in the file name.
- On a client machine, create a System DSN as described in the Establish DSN Connection help topic.
- On the same client machine, open Catalyst using the desktop shortcut and select Relink Company Database from the Tools tab. On the Select Company Data File screen, select the DSN name from step 6 and click the Refresh Links button.
- Repeat step 6-7 on each client machine.
- To enable user-level security so that each user logs into Catalyst with their own user name and password, refer to the instructions provided in the Enable User-Level Security help topic.
- To activate the product, submit your registration information as described in the Product Registration help topic. Note: If you have been using the sample database, you will need to relink to the non-sample database (without the "StoreMore" name) prior to submitting your product registration.