The system requirements for Catalyst Manufacturing® are similar to those for Microsoft Access®. Catalyst is split into a front-end database that resides on the client PC and a back-end database that resides on the server machine. The system requirements for each are provided below.
- Computer: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86-bit or x64-bit processor
- Memory: 4 GB RAM or higher
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10 Server, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Software: Microsoft Access® 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019 (32-bit version). Microsoft Word® and Excel® are required for extended reporting and analysis. The installation of the latest Office® service packs is recommended. Microsoft Outlook® and Internet Explorer® or a comparable email client and browser are required for product activation.
- Note: The Access Runtime can be used on machines without an Access license. A licensed version of Access is required to make modifications to the Full or Pharmaceutical Edition. The Basic Edition is distributed in accde file format and cannot be modified.
- Hard Disk: 3.0 GB available disk space for both Microsoft Office® and the Catalyst application files.
- Computer and Processor: A personal computer or server rated for Microsoft Access® or Microsoft SQL Server® minimum hardware requirements.
- Operating System: Same as client OS or Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, or 2016.
- Software: When using a Microsoft Access® back-end database, a Microsoft Access installation is recommended on the server to perform database administration functions. When using a SQL Server® back-end database, install SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016 or 2017 (either 32-bit or 64-bit versions, Express Editions acceptable) with client tools to perform database administration functions.
- Hard Disk: At least 5.0 GB for company back-end database files and backup storage.